sponsors

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Popotan "Anime" Review




   I normally am not one for fanservice, and i definitely don't give anime based off of hentai the time of day, so what the hell drew me to Popotan? In one word, it was "Charm".  Granted I had no earthly idea it was based off hentai when i first saw it on Netflix of all places. This anime just has a certain charm about it. Even with it's somewhat said theme, it puts a smile on my face every time I see it.

        The story revolves around Ai, Mai, and Mii who are residents of a magical house that periodically travels through time and space ending up in different locations and in different time periods. The girls can only age inside the house, as was made evident when one of the tried to live outside the house for a few years, so its hard to say what their real ages are, The story eventually becomes less goofy and more serious with the girls questioning their existence and pondering on what their purpose is in this world. So if you like a nice mellow slice of life type of anime, this one is definitely a must buy, though it is not without its flaws. I have no problem whatsoever with fanservice, which it has plenty of, but i simply detest lolicon. Mii is portrayed looking like a child and she has way too many pantyshots. Also if i wanted to see flat-chested chicks I'd just play The Last Story for the Nintendo Wii. (Yes I went there.)

     Popotan also has a very catchy theme song in both the English and Japanese versions. The goofy dance that Mii does in the Japanese intro even went viral across the youtube world reaching even young children who have no idea where it comes from. I highly recommend Popotan to anybody who is mature enough to not act like a rabid dog at the site animated boobs. This may be the last time you see a good review from me about a fanservice filled anime, so you know it's gotta be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment