sponsors

Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Queen's Classroom Preview



  Okay, so this show isn't an anime, it's a Korean Drama based off of an old Japanese Drama from 2005, but dang it Shim Ha Na's face is close enough to an anime character's. Admittedly I only started watching the show because I heard Janey from GP Basic and D-Unit was playing as a student in it. I was expecting cheesy acting and a lot of things to complain about, and to my surprise, I was dead wrong. The acting is top notch, the story is deep and engaging, and the soundtrack is pretty good too. (PSY's "Gentleman" and KARA's "Step up" play in two separate episodes) The story revolves around an "evil" teacher who is very strict with the children of her class and gives them unusual punishments. There's even times when she plots to break bonds between students, believing that it is a weakness that needs to be eliminated. As the story progresses, it becomes more clear what her objective is and she seems less evil and more human. I still have a few more episodes to watch before I've completed the series, so keep an eye out for a full review soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment